1. What does Antigone plan to do?
A: Bury her brother, Polyneices
2. What does she say to her sister?
A: That Polyneices died just as noble as her other brother did and she
thinks he deserves a fair funeral.
3. What is the conflict of the drama?
A: Burring Polyneices is against the law
4. What does Antigone say about Eteocles?
A: Eteocles was buried with military honors and Polyneices was not.
5. What will be the fate of anyone who disobeys
A: Stoning to death in the public square.
6. When Antigone asks Ismene whether--she
will join her in burying Polynices-- what does Ismene say?
A: That she thinks she is crazy and she has no place to break laws.
7. What does Ismene’s refusal reveal
A: Ismene is afraid of danger and Creon.
8. What type of person is Antigone?
A: Strong-willed, determined, and fights for what’s right.
9. What is the effect of Ismene’s reply
to her appeal?
A: It makes her more determined.
10. How does Ismene try to dissuade Antigone from burying her brother and with what success?
A: She says that Antigone cannot do it and that she should be afraid.